Natural numbers are known as the part of the number system that will be including all the positive integers from one-infinity and these can also be perfectly used by people in terms of counting purposes. People need to note down that zero will never be included in the counting of natural numbers into the whole process. Natural numbers are also considered to be the most important component of the real numbers and these will also be including only the positive integers excluding the negative numbers, decimals, fractions and zero.
The natural number will be including all the whole numbers excluding the number zero and in other words, people can also state out that all the natural numbers are whole numbers but all the whole numbers are not natural numbers. The people need to be clear about basic differences between both of these sets of numbers so that there is no problem in the minds of kids and they can solve the questions very easily.
● Can we categorise zero as a natural number?
The answer to this particular question will always be no because natural numbers will be starting from one and will go till infinity on the side of positive integers. So, but on the other hand, if we combine zero with the positive integer for example 10, 20 then it will become a natural number but in fact, zero as a whole number will not be having any value in the world of natural numbers.
● Can we say that natural numbers are the whole number?
Every natural number is a whole number and this particular statement will be very much true because natural numbers are all the positive integers that begin from one and go till infinity whereas, on the other hand, whole numbers include all the positive integers along with zero.
It is also vital for the kids to be clear about the representation of the natural numbers and whole numbers on the number line so that there is no problem at any point in time and people have proper access to the right kind of things without any kind of issue. In this particular system, people also need to be clear about the entire thing very easily so that they never get confused at any point in time and are very much capable of scoring well in the mathematics exam.
Following are the basic properties of the natural numbers:
- Closure property: All kinds of natural numbers will always be closed under addition and multiplication which is the main reason that people need to be clear about this particular property.
- Associative property: This particular property will be holding through in the cases of addition and multiplication of the natural numbers but in the case of subtraction and division it will never hold.
- Commutative property: Addition and multiplication of the natural numbers will be showing this particular property but on the other hand subtraction and division of the natural numbers will not show this particular property.
- Distributive property: Multiplication of the natural numbers will always be distributed over addition and multiplication of the natural numbers will also be distributed over the subtraction.
Apart from all the above-mentioned points, people need to be clear about the concept of different kinds of operations to be performed on the natural numbers so that there is no problem at any point in time. Further to become successful in the field of mathematics people need to have a good command over the Roman numbers which is only possible if they go with the option of registering themselves on platforms like Cuemath so that there is no hassle at any point in time and overall goals are very easily achieved. In this particular manner, people will be capable of dealing with things very professionally which will allow them to score well in the exam without any kind of issue.