One of the first things that people notice about you is your smile. It can greatly affect your confidence and overall health. The good thing is that there are a handful of cosmetic dental procedures that you can go through to help you achieve the perfect smile. Teeth that appear perfect are not just for celebrities but also for everyone.
The World Health Organization (WHO) defines health as the complete well-being of a person’s physical, social, and mental aspects. Cosmetic dentistry is a branch of dentistry that bridges a person’s physical and mental health as it gives people the confidence boost they need. Although it cannot address severe dental concerns, it can help in keeping a healthier mouth while giving people an attractive smile.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses mainly on the appearance of a patient’s smile. When the smile is not attractive, the patient goes through some of these procedures to restore their smile:
- Installing ceramic crowns and bridges
- Installing ceramic inlays
- Installing Lumineers and ceramic veneers
- Installing dental implants for retained dentures
- Replacing missing teeth
- Installing dentures
- Straightening teeth
Popular Cosmetic Dental Procedures and their Benefits
Do you think that your smile can improve? Here are some of the popular cosmetic dental procedures and their benefits:
- Teeth Whitening or Bleaching – Teeth whitening in London is a popular cosmetic procedure. It is considered necessary for having a beautiful set of teeth.
- Dental Implant – A dental implant is a prosthetic tooth set to replace a missing one (or a few). It uses a titanium screw as the “root” attached to the bone. It is considered permanent and can benefit the patients for life not only by restoring their smile but also their chewing capability.
- Inlays and Outlays – Inlays and Outlays are used for strengthening the teeth as they bind with the tooth which serves to save more teeth than fillings.
- Enamel Bonding – Enamel bonding is an option for individuals with badly discoloured or damaged teeth. It is a composite bonding material that is used the same way as white dental fillings. This moldable material makes it easier to create an attractive shape.
- Dental Veneers – Veneers are a layer of porcelain or composite that covers the front of the teeth. A veneer can correct dental problems including slightly crooked teeth, chipped teeth, discoloured teeth, or cover gaps.
- Invisalign Treatment – You can get Invisalign treatment in Oshawa from trained professionals. This instrument is used for fixing crooked teeth. This is a new orthodontic technology that uses an invisible polyurethane resin aligner. Dentists will use a scanning technology that non-invasively scans the teeth to create a set of aligners. This allows the teeth to slowly adjust to the optimal position. The biggest benefit of wearing Invisalign is correcting crooked, spaced, or crowded teeth to reduce the risks of developing gum diseases, tooth sensitivity, bad breath, chipping, and dental over or underbite.
- Metal Braces – Just like veneers, metal braces are used to correct the alignment of teeth and correct over and underbite. Instead of a clear polyurethane instrument, it uses metal brackets and wires attached to the teeth.
Your dentist will recommend the ideal procedure to help you achieve your brightest smile. These are crucial not only for the aesthetic aspect of things but more so, for your overall dental health. Finding a reliable and trustworthy dentist should be a top priority. With the right professional to handle the procedure, you will achieve the smile that you are yearning for.