The keto diet is one of the best ways to lose weight. It’s a low-carb, high fat, and moderate protein diet that forces your body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates for energy. This means that you will be losing weight fast because you are cutting out some of the most fattening foods in your diet. Furthermore, you’re not storing as much fat when it comes time to burn calories.
There are different ways to lose weight through dieting. One of them is the keto diet, which has become very popular due to its various benefits.
However, by following the diet, you’ll be able to eat high-fat foods like:
● Coconut oil
● Olive oil
How does it work? It’s simple to understand as you learn more about the keto diet. For your body to burn fat, the carbohydrates in food need a break. Since carbs are converted into sugar and are stored as fat, by removing these carbs from your diet, you’re burning off fats instead. This means no more bloating or gas since carbohydrate digestion will have slowed down significantly! Plus, with fewer sugars available for use during physical activity, there will be less of an “energy spike” when working out, which can reduce muscle soreness. You don’t even have to worry about getting enough protein since you are not eliminating it all.
Here are some pros and cons of the Keto Diet:
- More energy while working out
- Decreased muscle soreness after exercising
- Increased fat-burning abilities and decreased sugar intake may lead to weight loss or maintenance.
- Reduction in hunger due to higher levels of ketones (a byproduct of fats) in your system. This means you will not have cravings for foods as often, leading to less temptation! You can also feel full faster without overeating because a high level of ketones makes it more difficult for food to enter the bloodstream from the stomach, lowering ghrelin production (the hormone responsible for making people hungry). It’s important to note that this is an individual experience, though, and might differ from person to person.
- Improved lipid profile due to the high fat intake – In a study conducted by Dr. Koski, after four weeks of keto dieting, cholesterol levels dropped by 35%, and triglycerides decreased by 31%.
- Enjoy high-fat foods such as cheese, fat fish, and red meats.
- It is a healthy diet for bodybuilders and athletes who want to shed off excess fat within a short duration.
- No carbs (high consumption can lead to constipation) – Not sustainable over time because the weight will be regained once carbohydrates are reintroduced into your body’s system. Though by adopting a healthy lifestyle, you can maintain the results gained from the keto diet.
The Keto diet may be what you’re looking for if you want simple guidelines on how much fats/protein/carbs to take for a healthier lifestyle. Seek guidance from a nutritionist on the most suitable keto diet for you.